Thursday, July 21, 2011

My summer vacation...Part I

So I was on my way to Charleston and we took Amtrak....things did not start off well....first the train was 1 hour late.  Then when we got past Virginia the people who owned the train tracks put out a heat advisory so we couldn't go as fast as we normally would (which is 90mph) because we could derail.
Then we were going along fine and all of a sudden it got dark outside. Come to find out we were coming into a bad storm and our locomotive hit several large trees almost injuring the engineer (the trees we hit busted out the windows but the engineer is ok) and there are trees down on the tracks.
We just learned that the locomotive is damaged to the point where we can't move and we are waiting for a emergency locomotive to arrive to pull us and who knows how long that will take...
What an eventful way to start the trip. I'll keep u posted.

No comments: